A picture is worth a thousand words. There is nothing like capturing moments, ages, triumphs, meltdowns, and everything else on camera. The memories you have in pictures become truly priceless. I have tried many times to get perfect pictures of my children. I try to edit them and make them look gorgeous and it just doesn’t seem to be working out. It goes something like this;
1. Have a drink
2. Think about hiring someone
3. Realize it’s not worth the money and do it yourself
4. Scope out a spot in the house – if they make a scene, it is behind closed doors
5. Decide it was nice enough out so maybe we can go outside.
6. Choose outfits.
7. Choose different outfits.
8. Change mind again.
9. Wonder why I thought this was a good idea in the first place.
10. Did I have that drink yet?
11. Perfect! Found a spot!
12. Great, my camera is dead.
13. Why didn’t I hire someone?
14. Ok, I finally chose outfits. Now do I have a matching hair piece?
15. Ok, changed my mind again. Off to the store we go!
16. Finally got the outfits & the camera is charged.
17. Perfect spot has been scoped out.
18. Kids are dressed and I am ready to do this.
19. One or both kids continually cry.
20. Hire someone and enjoy wine while they deal with the pictures of your children.
I love my children dearly of course. However, having two girls is a day full of emotions! If you add in my emotions, it can be a recipe for disaster! I have tried many times to get great pictures and sometimes I do, but there is nothing like having a professional do it for you. I truly couldn’t be more thankful for these talented artists capturing my beautiful children. So thank you!
Pictures are definitely worth a thousand words.